top of page

Literatura

Público·31 membros

5. The One With Joey's New Girlfriend [UPDATED]

When Ross gets Amanda's phone number, he shows it off in front of Rachel, hoping to make her feel jealous. She doesn't stand this, until Chandler blows Ross off by revealing to Rachel that he hasn't even kissed his date the one time that they went out. To get back at Ross, Rachel hooks up with Josh, a college soccer player. A real dating war starts between Ross and Rachel, but the two have clearly chosen the wrong dates to go out with - Amanda makes Ross babysit her son to go out with a man she's been crazy about, (Ross plots his revenge by saying he'll make lots of long-distance phone calls), while Josh turns out to be stealing from Rachel and Monica. Only when Monica points out everything to each other do the two realize that they are both petty to descend to such levels.

5. The One with Joey's New Girlfriend

Meanwhile, poor and unemployed Phoebe needs her singing at Central Perk to keep her spirits up during this difficult time, when, to cap matters, she also catches a cold. When she projects her first notes on the microphone, she falls in love with her new, sick, sexy voice. However, the new voice doesn't last long when she heals from her cold. When Monica catches a cold too, Phoebe accuses her of stealing it and does anything in her power to get her cold back, including stealing Monica's cold-covered napkins and licking her half-finished noodle soup, but this does nothing for her. When she catches Gunther sneezing at the coffeehouse, Phoebe kisses him fully on the mouth, which gives her a cold and a sexy voice again.

Chandler meets a woman called Kathy at Central Perk and feels an instant undeniable attraction. Unluckily for him, Kathy turns out to be waiting for a date, who enters the coffee house at that very moment. Chandler turns around to see that her date is Joey. That same night, he runs into Kathy while watching Ernie Kovacs reruns. He apologizes to her for hitting on her, and shows her a Wonder-Mop he has bought from a TV ad, which Kathy finds cool. Only the next day at Central Perk do the friends realize from his words that there might be something more than friendship that he wants with her. Chandler is in deep denial about this, but when he crosses half the city just to say 'hey' to Kathy when he sees her jogging, he starts to doubt his denial. Unfortunately, when Chandler admits his crush to the rest of the group (excluding Joey), it seems that no one can comfort him about this. When he watches TV in the living room (Joey and Kathy seem to be 'busy') he raises the volume so as not to hear his friend and date, but when this annoys Joey, he can't take any more of it and goes crashing on Monica's couch.

Monica: (turning around and doing that, "I'mmaking out with someone," thing with her hands) Ooh, umm, oh Kathy! Kathy, I loveyou! Oh! (She turns around and sees Gunther staring at her and stops suddenly.)

Monica: It's this dumb thing that Ross made up`cause he was trying to fool our parents. It's a way of giving the finger, withoutactually having to give it. I remember I cried the night you made it up, `cause it was thefirst time that I realized that I was actually cooler than my older brother.

Joey: Yeah, you've been avoiding her ever since westarted going out. Look, I made an effort to like Janice, now I thinkit's your turn to make an effort to like Kathy by going out to dinner with us. Right?

Chandler: Okay, what do you saw I go over there andsay how much I like her? (Joey gives him a thumbs up) No-no it'll be good, I can tell hermuch I've been thinking about her. That I haven't stopped thinking about her since themoment I met her. That I'm so fantastically, over-the-top, wanna-slit-my-own-throat inlove with her, that for every minute of every hour of every day I can't believe my owndamn bad luck that you met her first!!

Ross dumps Bonnie, which takes all night ... she leaves in the morning. In the mean time, Rachel writes a long letter to Ross that she needs him to read before they get back together he tries to read it, but falls asleep. When Rachel asks him what he thought of the letter, Ross acts as though he read it and agrees with whatever the letter says. Once he discovers that the letter asks him to take full responsibility for the breakup, Ross isn't sure if he can keep up the charade. The burden of revealing Ross' true feelings causes the couple to break up once again. Meanwhile, Phoebe, upset that her real mother never tried to contact her, tells Phoebe Sr. that she never wants to see her again. Ultimately, the two reconcile. Monica, Joey, and Chandler spend the day at the beach. When Monica gets stung by a jellyfish, Joey insists that peeing on the wound will lessen the pain. Monica, unable to "bend that way," asks Joey to do the honors. In the end, Joey gets "stage fright" and Chandler hat to do the deed.

Monica runs into Chip Matthews, Rachel's prom date and the popular boy in high school. When he calls to ask Monica out, Rachel thinks he's calling for her and makes a fool of herself in front of Ross. Unfortunately, Chip hasn't changed much since high school - while he's still cute, he also still happens to live with his parents and work at the local movie theater. Nonetheless, Monica fulfilled her dream of dating Chip ... and dumping Chip. Meanwhile, Joey and Chandler place an ad in the paper to sell their entertainment center. When a prospective buyer asks Joey to demonstrate the spaciousness of the unit, Joey finds himself locked away while the apartment gets robbed. Phoebe finds a stray cat and is convinced that it's her mother reincarnated. A poster depicting the missing cat is found, but no one has the heart to tell Phoebe ... except for Ross.

Chandler runs into Rachel's boss Joanna and the two end up having quite a fling. When Rachel sneaks into Joanna's office to scope out the bonus list, Chandler just happens to be handcuffed naked to a chair. Chandler, completely humiliated, begs Rachel to free him. But, after doing so, Rachel realizes that she has tote-handcuff Chandler or else her boss will know she has a key to her office. She's no better off after handcuffing Chandler to the filing cabinet. Finally, after Chandler threatens to bust Rachel, she sets him free, but under the condition that she tell Monica and Phoebe that he's well endowed. Thanks to Joey's big mouth, Chandler's exalted reputation lasts all of five minutes. Meanwhile, Monica "pulls a Monica" when she caters a party for her mother and accidentally loses a fake nail in one of the quiches. A salesman tries to sell Joey a set of encyclopedias, but Joey can only afford to buy the "V" volume. The boys furnish their apartment with a canoe and some patio furniture.

When Joey chews out Mr. Treeger, the superintendent, for making Rachel cry, he nearly gets the girls evicted. To make up for it, Joey agrees to be Mr. Treeger's practice ballroom dancing partner. Mr. Treeger needs Joey's help so as to attract the attention of a certain female at the Superintendent's Ball. Ultimately, the two make great dancing partners. Meanwhile, Chandler takes Ross with him to the gym for moral support when he cancels his membership . Instead, -Ross ends up joining as well. Phoebe breaks her masseuse's oath and gets physical with one of her clients - she ends up being fired and he turns out to be married.

Chandler meets a very attractive girl, only to discover that she's dating Joey. As he gets to know Kathy better, Chandler's feelings grow deeper. Even though Joey appears to have no strong attachment to his new girlfriend, Chandler cannot help but respect that Kathy's his best friend's girl. Meanwhile, Rachel and Ross go out of their way to make each other jealous by mentioning their new love interests. Josh, Rachel's much younger beau, ends up stealing from her while Ross turns out to be nothing more than a baby-sitter for his new girlfriend Amanda. Phoebe's cold has turned her singing voice from high-pitched and whiny to sexy and sultry. When she recovers, she desperately tries to catch another cold.

When Chandler accidentally catches a glimpse of Kathy getting out of the shower, his frustrations reach their limit. When Joey's late for a date with Kathy because he's on another date with someone else, Chandler makes his move - the two kiss. Riddled with guilt, Chandler re-furnishes the apartment. When Kathy breaks up with Joey, he suspects there's another guy. Chandler admits that he's the other guy, which creates tension between the two friends. Meanwhile , Ross rediscovers his musical "sound," but he's actually not as talented as he and Phoebe seem to believe. Phoebe doesn't want to perform became she feels dwarfed but Ross' musical gift.

Joey, still upset with Chandler because he kissed Kathy, decides to move out. When Chandler offers to make it up to Joey in any way possible, Joey makes him spend Thanksgiving day in one of the left-over furniture crates. When Kathy drops by to say that she's leaving because she doesn't want to be responsible for breaking up Joey and Chandler's friendship, Joey has a change of heart and lets his friend go after his girl. Meanwhile, Monica injures her eye, but doesn't want to see Richard again. She arranges to see the on-call doctor, who happens to be very cute and Richard's son. When the gang decides to draw names for secret Santa, it triggers Ross' pent-up feelings regarding Rachel's habit of exchanging gifts. Rachel makes Ross eat his words when she shows him all the momentos she kept from their courtship.

Rachel decides to interview for a position as an assistant buyer, but Joanna, her bitter boss, ruins any chances Rachel had by lying about her character. When Rachel threatens to quit, Joanna creates an assistant buyer position for Rachel in her department instead. When she arrives at work the next day all ready to start her new position, Rachel discovers that Joanna died the night before ... of course the paperwork validating Rachel's promotion never went out. Meanwhile, Monica winds up getting a position as head chef at a local restaurant. Although Phoebe and Monica already bought a van for their catering business, Phoebe decides that Monica's happiness is more important than their joint business venture. The guys are all amped to party with their old buddy Gandolf, but he cancels at the last minute. When Joey suggests that they party without him, the evening ends short because everyone's too tired. 041b061a72

Informações

Bem-vindo ao grupo! Você pode se conectar com outros membros...
Página do Grupo: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page